Higher Ground Ottawa is a landscape construction company based in Almonte, ON specializing in decks and interlock. We believe in respect, excellence, and the customer experience. We look to provide a higher quality of life for our employees and customers alike.
We are looking for a motivated individual who aligns with our core values to join our carpentry team. Pride in workmanship, punctuality, and professionalism are all very important assets the applicant should carry.
We are looking for a Carpenter’s Assistant or Lead Hand to work alongside the Lead Carpenter. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in deck building is a must, and other carpentry experience is also key for this role.
We build custom residential decks as well as builder decks. A variety of materials are used including pressure treated lumber, composites and PVC decking, aluminum railings, etc. Visit @highergroundottawa on Facebook or Instagram to see some of our work.
Expectations and Qualifications of the Applicant:
- 3-5 years deck building experience
- General carpentry experience (specific skills outside of deck building should be listed)
- Ability to read plans
- Ability to perform deck construction procedures from framing to finishing with little guidance
- Footing work and hauling materials into backyards
- Self-starter and ability to solve problems
- Punctual and reliable
- Work well in a team setting and unsupervised
- Good communication skills
- Your own (basic/hand) tools and toolbelt. Large power/specialty tools are provided.
- Must have your own transportation to and from our yard/jobsites. Majority of our work is in Almonte and surrounding areas, and the West End of Ottawa.
- 40-50 hour work week in varying weather conditions. This is primarily an outdoor job. Hours will vary by season. Monday to Friday, Saturdays optional.
We believe in a clean and safe worksite. First Aid and WHMIS training are recommended. Working at Heights/Fall Arrest training is required. Training can be provided for applicants who do not meet the requirement.
Here is what we offer:
- A place to learn and grow within the company
- Hands on training from experienced members of our team including owners
- Awesome culture with fun events throughout the year
- Competitive salaries exceeding industry standards with a clear road map for your future
- Health benefits
- Engaged ownership and management
If you meet the above expectations and qualifications and feel you would be a great fit for our team, please let us know! We are a growing company looking to add the right individual. We would like you to find long term success at Higher Ground and be a part of our journey!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour
Additional pay: Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 10 hour shift
- carpentry: 3 years (preferred)
- deck building: 3 years (preferred)